What is a Fire Drum?
An old fashioned kind of outdoor heater – created out of necessity. At its most basic the fire drum is a 44 gallon drum with a couple of axe holes knocked in to it!
The fire drum is an essential item for a winter party in the Southern Downs… but for Bonfire Night the drums are “hotted up” to create functional works of art.
- Entry Fee: $15 per drum
- Entry Fee includes One General Admission Pass per drum
- Exhibits do not have to be the exhibitors own work.
- Jackpot Prize
- Entry forms and fees are required by Thursday 18 July 2019, 5pm.
- Late Entries may not be accepted.
- Drums to be delivered to Killarney Showground, Willow St, Killarney on Saturday 20 July 2019 betweem 9am and 2pm.
- Example Fire Drum Exhibitor Entry Rules from 2018
Drum Category One:
- Fire Drums significantly based on 44 Gallon Drums.
- Drums may be full or half drums
- Drums may be decorated or refashioned, but must still be functional as a fire drum.
Drum Category Two:
- Other Metalwork fire drums and braziers
Drum Category Three:
- Family Drum – Open to entrants from previous years and new entries. Entries will be assessed for safety only. No Jackpot Prize, but drums will be eligible for the People’s Choice Award.
For more information call 4664 1154 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.